Nina Simone

Nina Simone

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pulse

Here is a snippet of a poem I'm working on that describes my attitude towards life, called Pulse

Pulse

I want to experience life for myself. I want to live in its pulse.
I want to feel my feet tread over its heartbeat.
I want to dance life in my hips and
speak it from my lips.
My heartbeat longs to be
 in tune to life's pulse,
without it I'm just a lovedrunk, star struck,
diamond in the rough, dancing off beat.

But more than anything, I want to move in tune
with the rhythms of love and happiness
under my feet ,whether its In a Sentimental Mood, like Miles and Coltrane.

Even if its being a diva like Aretha, belting out, "Rock Steady baby"
 and maybe even a little Erykah Badu, screaming, ' I want you....."
"in the worst kind of way, way, way, way....I want you..."

maybe even having fun like Chaka Khan, "All night and day just drifting away....
but whatcha gonna do for me, when the going gets rough, boy".

I want the life that God meant for me,
like a blue jay living in a tree,
free of its cage,
grasping in what the Angels know,
and pulsing on God's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment